Please see below for our full price list/policy and feel free to contact us with any questions at any time.
1 Hour: $950
2 Hours: $1,350
Each additional hour: +$400
[2 violins + viola + cello]
1 Hour: $800
2 Hours: $1,100
Each additional hour: +$300
[2 violins + cello]
1 Hour: $650
2 Hours: $850
Each additional hour: +$200
[violin + cello]
1 Hour: $500
2 Hours: $600
Each additional hour: +$100
[violin or cello]
Please add the following travel fees to venues located within these cities:
Santa Barbara: $250
Newport Beach/Laguna Beach: $150
Travel fees may apply to venues outside of the greater Los Angeles area and will be included in your quote. We base travel fees on both mileage and travel time.
We provide amplification with the use of our sound system + individual "pickups" for each instrument. This set-up produces an amplified but still beautiful acoustic sound.
We are happy to arrange any song not already in our repertoire. Fees start at $50 per song and depend upon the complexity and length of the song. Please contact us with your specific song for a quote.
We ask that arrangement requests be made no later than one month prior to the date of your event. Any arrangement fees would simply be added to your remaining balance.
We gladly provide a complimentary 15-minute grace period beyond our contractual end time in instances where (1) all players are available to stay, and (2) a formal event/presentation goes past the anticipated end time. Thereafter, overtime will be billed at $50 per musician for every 15-minute increment.
We ask that parking be provided at no charge or that any parking fees incurred by players be reimbursed.
Please note the following:
- Dates are only reserved upon receipt of a signed contract and 50% deposit (up to $750). We operate on a "first come, first serve" basis and cannot otherwise guarantee our future availability. However, do let us know if you are interested in booking as soon as you can, and we will tentatively reserve the date for you for a limited period of time.
- Non-refundable deposit: Deposits are non-refundable if your event is cancelled. Given that we have a core group of players and only work with players of a certain calibre, we generally avoid double bookings so that we can give your event the care and attention it deserves. This is unique in our field. That means that we have likely given up other work on the day of your event. However, 50% of your deposit can be used towards a future event provided that we are still available on that given day.
- Travel fees are a separate fee and are only collected with the remaining balance. This means that the non-refundable deposit only reflects 50% of the total fee minus any travel fees.
- Prices may change: The above quoted prices are guaranteed to you for a period of 3 months.
- For PayPal credit card payments, we add a 3% processing fee. We accept checks at no extra cost.
Why book Cattus Quartet?
One word: Experience. We have a core group of players and are thus able to provide a polished, unified group sound borne from having played our repertoire together on countless events. We truly pride ourselves on our sound - fun but elegant. Hear the difference in our video samples.
We are also fully insured ($2,000,000 aggregate) and can provide proof of liability insurance required by your venue.
What do you wear?
Our dress is all black, formal clothing. For more formal affairs, we can dress accordingly (i.e. men in tuxes).
Do you play outdoors?
Yes, of course! However, we do require full shade from the sun in the form of an umbrella(s) or natural shade under trees.
When will you arrive at our venue?
30-45 minutes prior to our start time. This gives us plenty of time for set-up.
What kind of songs can you perform?
Everything from Classical pieces to Slash's solo in Sweet Child O'Mine. And everything in between. We make string quartets fun!
Can I make a special request for a song not already in your Library?
We are more than happy to do that! We have highly skilled in-house composers who can arrange any song you'd like to hear. Our arrangement fees vary depending upon the complexity of the piece you'd like us to arrange. We will create a custom arrangement of the song, learn and rehearse it, and perform it for you on your special day.
What do you require at the venue?
We require an armless chair for each musician performing as well as shade from direct sunlight if your event is outdoors. If you choose amplification, we would need a power source within 10 feet of where we will be set up.
I can't decide if I want to go with string quartet or string trio. What's the difference?
Our string trio is comprised of two violins and a cello, and our quartet is formed by adding our violist. The difference between quartet and trio is much less noticeable than the difference in sound between our string trio and string duo options. We are happy to discuss the details of your event with you and help you pick the perfectly sized ensemble for your event.